Less than $9,500 income = $0
$9,500 - $37,000 income = $695
$50,000 income = $1,000
$75,000 income = $1,600
$100,000 income = $2,250
$125,000 income = $2,900
$150,000 income = $3,500
$175,000 income = $4,100
$200,000 income = $4,700
Over $200,000 = The cost of a "bronze" health-insurance plan
The IRS will collect the penalty-tax, a fact that will no doubt further enrage those who hate Obamacare.
But here's some more good news for those folks:
The IRS will not have the power to charge you criminally or seize your assets if you refuse to pay. The IRS will only have the ability to sue you. And the most the IRS can collect from you if it wins the suit is 2X the amount you owe. So if you want to thumb your nose at the penalty-tax, the IRS won't be able to do as much to you as they could if you refused to pay, say, income tax.
By the way, the following folks will be exempt from the penalty-tax:
Those who make less than $9,500
Employees whose employers only offer plans that cost more than 8% of the employee's income
Those with "hardships"
Members of Indian tribes
Members of certain religions that don't pay Social Security tax, such as Amish, Hutterites, or Mennonites
Add Your Comment For "income limits for Obamacare"
- Applying for ObamaCare in California
- Obamacare plans and rates
- How Much Do Obamacare Plans Cost?
- Obamacare locking in rates
- Obama care 2013 changes small business
- How ObamaCare's Health Insurance Marketplace Works
- Obamacare rates states, Obamacare rates 2014
- New taxes in Obamacare list
- "Rollout of 'Obamacare' ":The strong precedent for Obamacare
- How Obamacare burns smokers: