Medicaid paid 100% of preventive services, and CHIP was extended two years. States received Federal funds for this. Medicare launched a pilot program to help hospitals bundle services before submitting them for payment. Medicare also paid 100% of primary care physicians' fees.
October 1, 2013 - Open enrollment for Obamacare became available on the health insurance exchanges. Any individual, family or business (with fewer than 50 employees) can begin comparing plans. All plans will offer services in each of the 10 essential health benefits, as well as offer all other Obamacare benefits.
Plans are in four different categories, arranged by how much they cost you versus how much coverage they provide. Bronze plans only pay 60% of your total health care costs, bu have the lowest monthly premiums. Plans in the other three categories have higher premiums, but cover more costs: Silver plans cover 70%, Gold plans cover 80%, and Platinum plans cover 90% of costs. Find out How Much Will Obamacare Cost Me?
December 15, 2013 - Submit your first premium payment by December 15, so coverage can begin when the New Year starts.
Add Your Comment For "What parts of Obamacare start in 2013?"
- Obamacare deadline to sign up
- Obama approval rating 2013
- Obamacare rates 2014 in New York
- ObamaCare sign up numbers
- Obamacare Bronze Plan Premiums
- Obamacare sign-ups are less than HALF of the White House's goal
- What is Obamacare really called
- "Rollout of 'Obamacare' ":The strong precedent for Obamacare
- 2013 Health Care Reform Timeline
- 2.1 million sign up for 'Obamacare' health insurance