Medicaid paid 100% of preventive services, and CHIP was extended two years. States received Federal funds for this. Medicare launched a pilot program to help hospitals bundle services before submitting them for payment. Medicare also paid 100% of primary care physicians' fees.
October 1, 2013 - Open enrollment for Obamacare became available on the health insurance exchanges. Any individual, family or business (with fewer than 50 employees) can begin comparing plans. All plans will offer services in each of the 10 essential health benefits, as well as offer all other Obamacare benefits.
Plans are in four different categories, arranged by how much they cost you versus how much coverage they provide. Bronze plans only pay 60% of your total health care costs, bu have the lowest monthly premiums. Plans in the other three categories have higher premiums, but cover more costs: Silver plans cover 70%, Gold plans cover 80%, and Platinum plans cover 90% of costs. Find out How Much Will Obamacare Cost Me?
December 15, 2013 - Submit your first premium payment by December 15, so coverage can begin when the New Year starts.
Add Your Comment For "What parts of Obamacare start in 2013?"
- Obamacare exemptions from the payment
- What Is the Bronze Plan?
- Obamacare rates 2014 in Florida
- Obamacare facts tax on homes sales
- 2014 Health Care Reform Timeline
- What is Minimum essential coverage
- Obamacare healthcare bill text
- Obama Health Care Reform Timeline 2015 - 2020
- 2010-2012 Health Care Reform Timeline
- What is Obamacare really called